Ok what is what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok what is what?

Post  ZIPSdetail on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Ok, pretty much I have always used auto magic and car brite. I have always been pretty satisfied with auto magics products, car brite is ok. Anywho. What Im looking for is a basic buffing polish, a carnuba wax. Interior cleaner, wheel cleaner, engine bay cleaner, a car wash soap concentrate that doesnt contain wax, and a great tire dressing. What are the products from this line that I should look into? Are these products sold locally in omaha ne? I dont want to have to have detail products shipped to me.

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok what is what?

Post  DiamondD on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Ok well not to poop on other companies but i hate an think auto magic products suck period. car brite is a very good product way better than am that's for sure. i have been detailer for many yrs almost 21 yrs now an i was blown away by flash products now i have not used them all yet but the interior an wheel cleaner apc cleaner an dressings so far are great an good fair prices. which if you detail to make money is a very good thing. as for shipping they don't cost much to ship an alot are concentrated so a little goes along way keep that in mind.

now i know flash going to boot me for this one lol but i'm a big zymol wax fan an love their waxes they are a company that you have to decide if you want to spend the money or not, if you want a good wax for a good price i would try the flash line 1st so far as i said they batting 100 ratings with me. for compounds an polishes depending what you need menzerna an 1z are great but costly you might want to go optimum or megs for the price an variety but only for compounds an some polishes.

hope this helps

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZIPSdetail on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, I was always impressed with auto magics 713-Special Cleaner. Worked great on engines and tires and you could dilute it more and use on interiors. Awesome product I thought. Their waxes are ok. Also the Eradicator(bug & tar remover) from auto magic worked great also. Polishes I would agree werent the best.

As far as Zymol goes, yes its an amazing product but it likes to be a pain in the butt to remove when you hand wax. You gotta work to get it off. Good product though.

My thing with shipping is the time its going to take to get the product. What if Im getting low and order a product and they send the wrong thing? It happens. But if it's as good as everyone says then I suppose I would be wise and keep plenty stocked up just in case! Waiting for samples and then we will see.

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Well the 713 i an several others found it to leave a residue behind an that is a no no on a ferrai or lamborghini lol. i like the brown royal cause it can be diluted it can be used on any rim wheel combo. it can be used on paint for bug & tar removal etc. which alot of others can not an that is a big plus one cleaner does it all i have used it in engines to works great. so now cuts down like 5 = other products i don't need to use = save money.

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Here's my 2 cents. I'm sure Joe will be along soon to elaborate, clarify, or correct me. Cool

Buffing polish - Malco Rejuvenator is a great product. It should handle most of the basic buffing needs. For more aggressive needs I'd think you'd want to step up to Tru Grit or Rapid Cut compounds.

Wax - Flash Wax is a nice product. It works well and is extremely easy to work with. You might try the Imperial Wax too. It looks to be a pure carnuba, but unfortunately I can't tell you about it because I haven't tried it...yet. Cool I do know it's received some nice reviews on a Autopia.

Interior Cleaner - Bullseye Leather and Vinyl Cleaner and Flash Carpet and Upholstery cleaner. I think you can also use Cherry Bomb if you dilute it down, but again I'd ask Joe to be certain about that. Follow it up with Presto for a nice natural shine.

Engine Bay - It depends. In my experience, Cherry Bomb usually works fine, but if you're detailing a rather dirty engine bay, stepping up to the more powerful Ultra Violet Degreaser. might be a good idea.

Car Wash - Strawberry Suds is the one without wax. Excellent product in my experience.

Tire Dressing - Aqua Gloss. Another good product but it can be a little finicky on tires. If you have a relatively smooth tire, I've found it's best to completely spray down the tire, let it sit for an hour or so and then use the hose to rinse of the excess. If you have a tire with lots of ribbing, lettering, or textures then it's best to apply with a brush and then wipe off the excess. I haven't tried Banana Breeze yet.

Eric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 am

No i think you laid that out rather nicely it's hard to run it down like that when you type from cell phone at work lol. thanks for adding good info. so flash carries malco they don't make it so does that mean flash products are malco? Question

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:24 am

That's really something for Joe to answer, as I have no clue. I know Malco does offer "contract manufacturing" which basically means you can design the products and they produce them for you.

Eric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZIPSdetail on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:20 am

An hour for tire dressing to settle in and work? I could have a lot of customers just getting a basic hand wash, they can't wait an hour.

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:21 am

LOL you don't have to wait an hour you can apply an wipe it will try fast by the time your done.

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flash man on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Hello Gentleman,

First I want to welcome Zip to the forum. I would like to say that We (Flash Auto Detail Products) manufactures Interior/exterior cleaners, dressings, soaps, spray wax, leather conditioner etc. We are a distributor for Malco Products located in Barberton, Ohio. Malco manufactures a Liquid paste wax called Flash Liquid Paste wax. It first came out in 1988. Our company name is Flash Auto Detail Products. Malco started manufacturing in the 1950's. They are a good company and also have high quality products. I have been detailing with Malco products since the mid 1980's. If their products were crap I would not have been using them for so long and definitely would not sell them. I have never used a bad product from Malco. We carry Malco's Polishes, Waxes and Compounds. The quality of Malco's products are along the line on 3M products. The shelf life of Malco's products is amazing. Better than Auto Magic. This is a real test in Florida heat. Auto Magic has a some good products. Many people favor BC-2 polish. Many chemical companies have a few winning products. But Flash and Malco have a whole line of winning products.

People choose what they like to use. I do not discourage anyone from liking or disliking a product. Its called freedom of choice. That is what makes this world so unique. I first ask a customer, their likes and dislikes of a product that they use. Maybe I can help solve a problem and make their job a little easier by recommending one of ours. We manufacture products that do many jobs, thus saving you from purchasing many other products. Our products get the job done on the first application saving you time and money. If you have to use a product more than once to get outstanding results, its costing you more money and taking up more of your precious time.

The quality of our products and customer service is our number one priority. We are not a large company, therefore your order gets prompt personal attention. Efficient communication is the key to processing a customers order. This is why we send you an order confirmation before we ship your order. This is handled by my wife Kellie. If you place an order at 10am. You will receive an order confirmation by 11am. Its up to you to send a return email confirmation before 2pm and your order will ship by 4pm UPS Ground. Now dont hold me to exact times or the same day but this is how we process orders. We always have products in stock and available for delivery. We usually dont make mistakes, but it can happen from time to time.

Now lets talk about the products. Cherry Bomb, Ultra Violet, EZ Cutter, Bullseye and Brown Royal are phosphate free cleaners. That means that they do not leave a white powdery residue when they are rinsed and dry. Our products also do not have a high level of caustics, which means that they do not etch and streak wheels and painted surfaces. They are all very concentrated and can be diluted with water.

Aqua Gloss is a water based tire shine. It is water repellent, lasts a long time can be used inside and outside the vehicle. It also does not sling off of tires all over the side of the car. This also depends on how you apply it. If you spray it on heavy and let it puddle up in the edges of the tires and drive off. Its gonna sling a little. If you apply it with a sponge applicator, then you will have better results. Aqua Gloss will dry in a minute or two when applied with a sponge applicator. It will dry in 5-10 minutes (depending on temperature) if you spray it on the tire. Most of our Detailers, Car Washes and Car Dealers all use Aqua Gloss tire shine.

Thanks for the info Eric and DD. I think I covered most of your inquiries. But, if you have any questions just feel free to ask. Thanks.

Joe Flash
Flash Auto Detail Products
www.flashwax.com
Flash man
Admin

View user profile http://flashautodetail.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:56 pm

ZIPSdetail wrote:An hour for tire dressing to settle in and work? I could have a lot of customers just getting a basic hand wash, they can't wait an hour.

That's just a way that I've found that works well. When I'm detailing my car I usually start by washing it first, then I'll clean the wheels, tires, and apply the tire dressing. I let the dressing sit while I'm working on the rest of the car and then rinse the tires off about an hour later.

If that's not an option for you due to time, I'd just apply it with a foam brush and be done with it. That would work fine for most.

Eric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Great info. an help flash thanks i think with what me an eric said an you said will be easy for zip to make a choice flash detail products or malco. i like an use some of the malco products an will be tring more as i will be tring more flash products to.

thanks

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZIPSdetail on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm

You really caught my interest when you stated the products wont leave a white powdery residue or chemical streaks when used. That is a huge plus. I think I now have a general idea of which products I should look into. Im hoping to receive your sample kit and possibly be ordering a ton of products to stock my shelves this coming week!

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZIPSdetail on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:34 pm

I was looking at your site and another thing I am interested in is possibly becoming a distibutor. Now would that consist of me just selling your products out of my shop or would I need to dry some ugly white van trying to get business like all the high-temp, pro, car brite, and auto magic guys do?

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:48 pm

I would think you have to commit an drive the white ugly van lol! naw i think selling an supporting the products from your shop an showing them off on the details would be good. i considering the same thing once the shop is done an the season starts good luck.

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZIPSdetail on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Where is your shop located? What are some marketing plans you are using or plan on using to help market your service. I wish there was a way to put a huge banner outside and say "HEY WE USE THIS HIGH QUALITY BRAND" and people would know what we were talking about. The thing I am somewhat leary about selling the products is that people will purcahse them and just use the products at home, granted I will generate some revenue from the sales, but I want that customer to come back to me to get the service.

ZIPSdetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondD on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 pm

As long as you explain an go over with the customer show them the differences be there for their questions they will understand an buy an come back an bring customers. it's all about service an word of mouth they will come don't worry.

DiamondD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flash man on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 am

DiamondD wrote:I would think you have to commit an drive the white ugly van lol! naw i think selling an supporting the products from your shop an showing them off on the details would be good. i considering the same thing once the shop is done an the season starts good luck.

Hello,

If you are interested in becoming a distributor. Please send me an email or call via telephone. Thanks.

Joe Flash man
Flash man
Admin

View user profile http://flashautodetail.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum