Foam Cannons and Deep Purple.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Foam Cannons and Deep Purple.

Post  Eric on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:04 am

So I recently discovered foam cannons (links below) and immediately thought "man, that would be awesome to hook that up to a pressure washer and run some deep purple through there" but then I remembered that Deep Purple is contains wax.

Is there any reason to believe that running DP through a foam cannon could negatively effect it's performance and/or damage the foam cannon? My gut instinct says no, but I wanted to get clarification. Worst case scenario, I'll have to pick up a bottle of Strawberry Suds to use.

http://www.pressureparts.com/Nozzles-C-Nozzles-Foamer-Pressure-Part-344032.aspx

Eric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Foam Cannons and Deep Purple.

Post  Flash man on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Eric,

Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo may be used thru a foam cannon. It is totally biodegradable, including the wax agent. The only problem is that you will still need to agitate the surface with a wool wash mitt or sponge to totally clean the surface. The ph of deep purple is around and 8. Same goes with most hand car wash soaps or wash & wax soaps. A high ph soap like you see in a touchless car wash can be used without surface agitation. We manufacture high ph soaps for touchless car washes. Its an aggressive soap that will remove dirt, grime and road film without agitation. Deep Purple thru a foam cannon will clean, but may not remove heavy dirt and road film without agitation. Thanks for the inquiry.

Joe Flash man
Flash man
Admin

View user profile http://flashautodetail.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:10 am

Flash man wrote:Hi Eric,

Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo may be used thru a foam cannon. It is totally biodegradable, including the wax agent. The only problem is that you will still need to agitate the surface with a wool wash mitt or sponge to totally clean the surface. The ph of deep purple is around and 8. Same goes with most hand car wash soaps or wash & wax soaps. A high ph soap like you see in a touchless car wash can be used without surface agitation. We manufacture high ph soaps for touchless car washes. Its an aggressive soap that will remove dirt, grime and road film without agitation. Deep Purple thru a foam cannon will clean, but may not remove heavy dirt and road film without agitation. Thanks for the inquiry.

Joe Flash man

Thanks for the explanation Joe. Is Strawberry Suds one of the high pH soaps you're talking about? I've been wanting to try that one for a couple years now and this may be just the excuse I need.

Eric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top